Frequently Asked Questions
- Where will AVMA 2017 take place and what are the dates and hours?
- What are the important deadlines to remember?
- What are the booth space rental rates? What is included?
- What is the payment schedule for booth space?
- What are the Expo Rules & Regulations?
- What is the Exhibitor Manual? How do I order exhibit services?
- How do I register for exhibitor badges?
- How do I make my hotel arrangements?
- How can I maximize my presence on the Expo floor?
- Do exhibitors receive a pre-registration list?
- How should I ship my exhibit materials? In advance to the warehouse or direct to the Convention Center?
- Is there security provided for my booth?
- Should I insure my exhibit materials?
- When can I install or dismantle my booth?
- If I have a problem during installation, the exhibition, or dismantling, who do I see?
1. Where will AVMA 2017 take place?
AVMA 2017 will take place July 21 – 25 (Exhibits July 22 – 24), 2017 at the Indiana Convention Center in Indianapolis, IN.
The dates and hours of AVMA 2017:
Saturday, July 22 Exhibits Open 12:00 – 4:00 PM
Sunday, July 23 Exhibits Open 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Monday, July 24 Exhibits Open 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
2. What are the important deadlines to remember?
Exhibitor Registration – Open
Exhibitor Housing – Group Block currently open – contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Exhibitor Housing – Individual Room reservations open
Directory Listing Deadline – May 12, 2017
Exhibitor Housing Closes – May 15, 2017
3. What are the booth space rental rates? What is included?
Standard in-line space is $27.00 per square foot plus a $200 premium for corner locations.
Island space is a flat rate of $30.00 per square foot.
The AVMA Convention Exhibit Rate includes:
- 8’ high back drape and 3’ high side drape for In-Line Booths
- One (1) 7” x 44” I.D. sign with company name and booth number for In-Line Booths
- Four (4) complimentary exhibitor badges per 100 sq. ft. of exhibit space (additional badges available for a fee) and CE credit available for all exhibitor badges
- One (1) debit card ($15/card) to purchase food inside Exhibit Hall Cafe. Limit one per person. Card is not redeemable for cash and cannot be replaced if lost, stolen or destroyed.
PLUS a package of value-added marketing services worth more than $500
- Complimentary Exhibit Hall Only passes for distribution to your customers and prospects
- Complimentary postal mailing list of pre-convention registrants with “opt-in” email to create awareness and accelerate the sales process (when ordered in advance)
- Complimentary lead retrieval unit to capture attendee phone and email for post-convention follow-up (when ordered in advance)
- Complimentary access for exhibitors to all educational sessions to earn CE
- Complimentary year-round listing on the AVMA Convention Mobile App
*The above benefits are for paid commercial exhibitors only. A non-commercial exhibit package will be available for qualifying organizations beginning in February of 2017.
4. What is the payment schedule for booth space?
50% deposit due within 10 days of booth reservation. Full balance must be paid by April 17, 2017.
5. What are the Expo Rules & Regulations?
Rules and Regulations (back of contract) are part of the Application for Exhibit Space.
Exhibitors must abide by all AVMA Exhibitor Exhibit Construction Guidelines in designing and installing their exhibit fixtures.
Your agreement to abide by these display rules is a part of the space contract, and they will be strictly enforced by our Floor Managers at Show time.
Also, please be reminded of the Live Animal Registration Form & Guidelines.
For questions on the Rules & Regulations, contact Chrissy Petracek, Exhibits Manager, 630-929-7920, email@example.com.
6. What is the Exhibitor Manual? How do I order exhibit services?
The Exhibitor Manual is your resource guide to all you need to know to successfully organize and implement your exhibit plan. It includes general information, the official contractor list, shipping and handling instructions, rental display options, labor services, and order forms for every service available to exhibitors. There are numerous discounts offered and deadlines, so be sure to review the Exhibitor Manual in detail.
Viper Tradeshow Services is the official show contractor for the AVMA Convention 2017. The Viper Tradeshow Services Exhibitor Manual is now available! To access the manual and place your show order, you will need to login or create a login. After you login go to "Select Show Code". The Show Code is: 1707001.
The Exhibitor Manual contains all of the important information and order forms you will need in preparation for a great convention. Be sure to carefully read the entire contents of the Exhibitor Manual. For questions, contact your Viper Show Coordinators, Stephanie (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Samantha (email@example.com).
7. How do I register for exhibitor badges?
Exhibitor Registration is now open. Exhibitors receive up to four (4) complimentary exhibitor badges per 100 square feet of exhibit space (additional exhibitor badges are available for a fee). Upon booth reservation, exhibitors will receive a confirmation email with further details.
8. How do I make my hotel arrangements?
Exhibitor Housing – Group Block currently open – contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Exhibitor Housing is available at this link.
9. How can I maximize my presence on the Expo floor?
AVMA can help you focus your message at an attractive price to key decision makers in the veterinary field.
Download the Sponsorship Opportunities Brochure.
For more information, or to secure this sponsorship opportunity, please contact Colette Apke; email@example.com.
10. Do exhibitors receive a pre-registration list?
Each commercial exhibitor will be provided a complimentary postal mailing list of pre- convention registrants to create awareness and accelerate the sales process (when ordered in advance). Order form is included in the Exhibitor Manual.
Note: AVMA mailing lists are provided for a one-time use only and are only valid for pre-show marketing. Persons and companies placing orders for mailing lists must sign an AVMA Mailing List Agreement. The mailing list is not made available to non-commercial exhibitors. Additional Terms and Conditions apply.
For questions on this program, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
11. How should I ship my exhibit materials? In advance to the warehouse or direct to the Convention Center?
When possible, ship in advance to the warehouse. Viper, our drayage contractor, will receive materials and provide up to 30 days storage before delivering them to the Indiana Convention Center. Although the advance receiving rates are higher than the direct shipping rates, due to the additional handling, shipping your materials in advance is a good investment for the following reasons:
1. You can verify receipt of your materials in Indianapolis well in advance of the exhibition, without worrying about lost or misdirected shipments.
2. You won't have to deal with stand-by charges from your motor freight carrier while your direct shipment waits in line to be unloaded at the Indiana Convention Center.
3. You can be assured that your materials will be in your booth space when you, or your set-up crew, arrive to begin the installation process.
Also note that we strongly suggest that exhibitors consolidate their shipments as much as possible. Plan ahead and put as much into one shipment as possible to save money. If you choose to ship direct, be sure to forward a copy of you material handling order form/bill-of-lading to the drayage contractor to aid in tracing your shipment. Shipping addresses and timelines will be included in the Exhibitor Manual (Show Code 1707001).
12. Is there security provided for my booth?
From the first day of move-in through the last day of move-out, there will be 24-hour perimeter badge-checkers for the exhibit floor. This level of security is intended to control the access of people and material to and from the Exhibits in a safe and organized manner. It is not intended as individual security for your booth and materials.
Please remember that the Indiana Convention Center is a public building to which hundreds of individuals have access – let alone the number of individuals involved in the shipping of your materials to and from the exhibition, and the installation and dismantling of displays.
Be security conscious at all times during your stay in Indianapolis. Do not leave items of value in your booth overnight during the installation period or exhibition days without taking security precautions. Exhibitors can order overnight booth security from the security vendor. Remember that the security of your product is your responsibility—don't take chances!
13. Should I insure my exhibit materials?
Exhibitors are required to provide for their own floater insurance coverage, protecting against damage, loss or theft. Please remember that the drayage contractor cannot be held responsible for the disappearance of an exhibitor's materials after delivery to the booth, or before the materials are picked up for loading out after the exhibition.
Remember that it is the responsibility of the exhibitor to insure his property. The American Veterinary Medical Association, their agents, Hall-Erickson, Inc., the Indiana Convention Center and their respective agents will not be responsible in any way against theft, fire or accident.
14. When can I install or dismantle my booth?
Exhibitors may install their booth on Thursday, July 20 and Friday, July 21, from 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM. All installation must be completed by 5:00 PM, Friday, July 21 in order to allow for a final cleaning of the exhibit hall.
Exhibitors may dismantle their booths on Monday, July 24 from 4:00 PM – 8:00 PM, and on Tuesday, July 25 from 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM. No packing of exhibit materials or equipment may begin before 4:00 PM on Monday, July 24. Exhibitors who violate this rule are subject to exclusion from future AVMA Exhibits.
15. If I have a problem during installation, the exhibition, or dismantling, who do I see?
The first place to go is the Exhibits Management Office, located near the back of the hall. We are there to assist you by answering questions about display rules, help with labor questions, and general information about the exhibition and facility. Another option is to visit the customer service staff at Viper's Service Center who will help you by answering questions about your shipment, your orders, or other service needs that you may have. If you would like to follow up with an issue post-convention, please contact Colette Apke, CMP with AVMA at email@example.com.